Country and small churches were important to my family – as they were to me – on into manhood. But when I finished my undergraduate work at Ouachita and moved to Houston I found myself withdrawing at least intellectually from that which I was seeing and feeling in my native region. I was well aware of what existed in my home state. My last spanking from my...
Home » Posts by JerryCook
Support IMPACT Magazine Now !
Support IMPACT with a one-time donation:
after 40 authentic living Christian life Christian love church Civil Rights coming out dating depression divorce dogs Dot & Dash Chronicles Evangelical ex-gay faith gay sex gender dysphoria Genesis GOP grace Grindr HIV homeless Jesus legalism LGBT families love Love & Sex Q&A marriage marriage equality online dating parenting Politics prayer purpose relationship relationships rethinking church same-sex marriage self-acceptance sex toxic church trans* transgender travel
- Walking Away and Finding My Way Back: A Letter to Evangelicalism
- Choosing Intentional Rest
- Dying Constructs and Self-Awareness
- Bachelor Food: Saturday Morning Coconut Pancakes
- Review: A.W. Strouse’s “BBC – The Black Boyfriend Compendium”
- Review: “Merlí”
- 8 for 80: Honoring LGBTQ Pioneer Poet Louie Crew Clay on his 80th Birthday
- World AIDS Day. Live Aware.
- Holidays in Skinny Jeans
- Donald Trump, Meet Queen Esther. A plan for moving forward.
- When I Became a Sexual Compulsive
- Bachelor Food: Pasta Puttanesca